In the early 1880's, Fr. Cornelius Yager, a Presbyterian minister, arrived from Cumberland. He brought many settlers with him, and they became the founders of the Presbyterian church in Sanger. In 1888, these early settlers, meeting in the home of Frank Giles, started a Presbyterian Sunday school. In 1890, under direction of Rec. George Giffen, the first Presbyterian church was incorporated.
In 1952, a new church (pictured to the left) was built at Jensen Avenue and P Street.